Newcastle UnitedNewcastle United F.C. - Latest Team and Transfer News | Mail Online 22 Oct 22:16
Newcastle went three points clear at the top of the Championship after two goals from Ayoze Perez and one from Matt Ritchie gave Rafael Benitez's side their fifth consecutive league winNewcastle United F.C. - Latest Team and Transfer News | Mail Online 22 Oct 20:40
Crystal Palace and Newcastle are monitoring Celtic defender Jozo Simunovic. The 22-year-old saw a ¬£4million move to Torino break down in the summer over the structure of payments.Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC 22 Oct 18:32
Ayoze Perez scores after 60 seconds as leaders Newcastle beat Ipswich to earn a 10th Championship win from 12 games.ESPN FC - Newcastle United News 22 Oct 18:30
Newcastle United Ipswich Town 3 0 FT Game Details Live football odds with bet365. Bet Now » GameCast Lineups and Stats Newcastle went three points clear at the top of the Championship after an emphatic 3-0 win over Ipswich at St James' Park.Two goals from Ayoze Perez and one from Matt Ritchie gave Rafael Benitez's side their fifth consecutive league win and saw them open a gap at the top of the table after Norwich lost at home to Preston.Benitez made three changes from the side that won at Barnsley on Tuesday night with DeAndre Yedlin, Jack Colback and Ayoze Perez coming into the side for Vurnon Anita, Isaac Hayden...Newcastle United F.C. - Latest Team and Transfer News | Mail Online 21 Oct 19:43
Rafael Benitez is keen to ensure Newcastle do not become complacent now that they lead the Championship race. The Spanish manager is looking for his side to play with a new confidence.Newcastle United F.C. - Latest Team and Transfer News | Mail Online 21 Oct 19:20
Nile Ranger shows off his young offenders ID badge as the former Newcastle striker vows to leave his troubled past behind him†
Despite possessing plenty of natural talent, the London-born striker has struggled significantly off the pitch and, before his professional career even began, spent 11 weeks in a young offenders institute.Newcastle United F.C. - Latest Team and Transfer News | Mail Online 21 Oct 17:59
Ahead of another packed weekend of Premier League football,¬†Sportsmail¬†brings you the latest squad news, odds and stats on every top flight fixture as it breaks.¬†Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC 19 Oct 22:59
Former Newcastle boss Alan Pardew tells the BBC's Premier League Show the direction the club took during his time in charge "was wrong".Newcastle United ‚Äď teamtalk.com 19 Oct 10:31
Jermaine Jenas has revealed that he rejected potential moves to Leeds United and Manchester United in order to move to Tyneside.
Newcastle signed Jenas in 2002 after the former England international had impressed for Nottingham Forest
Jenas told the Daily Star:¬†“I sat down with my manager, he called me in on my day off, and he basically just went: ‘Look, we’ve had three offers in for you. Leeds have offered ¬£5m, Newcastle ¬£5m and Man United ¬£3m.
“I thought that was weird, but basically he said: ‘(Sir Alex) Ferguson thinks it’s an honour to play for the club, therefore he’s only offering ¬£3m.’
“I think they were kind of only doing the deal because I was hot property at the time ‚Äď not because he genuinely wanted me.
“At United they were saying: ‘We’ll develop you and you’ve got all these star players to train with.’ But I didn’t want that. I wanted to be playing.
“Bobby didn’t stop ringing my phone – and David O’Leary was ringing me. So it was kind of like, which way do I go?”
A bubble waiting to burst
“Leeds were Champions League at the time, they had [Rio] Ferdinand, [Robbie] Keane, [Robbie] Fowler and so on – and it was closer to home.
“But my agent said: ‘You can’t go to Leeds. It’s going to fall apart. I promise you it’s not good there.’ Once I’d got to St James’ Park, the minute I pulled up to the stadium, I’d decided I wasn’t going anywhere else.
“It felt like the right place to be ‚Äď and Bobby just sold it to me by making sure I knew I was going to be playing. I could have said no, gone to United and you might never have seen me.
“I might have gone into the reserves, got paid loads of good money and just been comfortable. I might not have been able to break through into that unbelievable United team of [Roy] Keane, [Nicky] Butt and [Paul] Scholes. I could have just gone missing.”
The post Jenas: I chose Newcastle over Manchester United and Leeds appeared first on teamtalk.com.ESPN FC - Newcastle United News 18 Oct 22:52
Barnsley Newcastle United 0 2 FT Game Details Live football odds with bet365. Bet Now » GameCast Lineups and Stats Dwight Gayle grabbed a second-half brace as Newcastle won 2-0 at Barnsley to secure a fourth consecutive victory and move top of the Sky Bet Championship table.After an unconvincing first-half, the Magpies moved up a gear after the break and Gayle took his tally to 11 goals for the season with two clinical finishes to overwhelm a gritty Barnsley side, who suffered a fifth defeat in six outings.A frenetic opening saw few chances created, with returning Barnsley skipper Conor Hourihane having the game's...Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC 18 Oct 22:44
Newcastle go top of the Championship as Dwight Gayle's two goals earn them victory over Barnsley at Oakwell.Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC 15 Oct 18:18
Two goals from Dwight Gayle help Newcastle win their third straight game as they beat Brentford at St James' Park.ESPN FC - Newcastle United News 15 Oct 18:06
Newcastle United Brentford 3 1 FT Game Details Live football odds with bet365. Bet Now » GameCast Lineups and Stats Dwight Gayle moved to the top of the Sky Bet Championship goal-scoring charts with a brace as Newcastle beat Brentford 3-1 at St James' Park to climb to second in the table.Jonjo Shelvey was the architect behind all three of the home side's goals as they recorded a third straight league win.Ciaran Clark headed in the opener for the hosts, while Scott Hogan's second-half effort for the Bees was little more than a consolation.Rafa Benitez had urged his side to make a good start in his programme notes...Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC 11 Oct 10:14
Newcastle United midfielder Jack Colback says the team spirit is the best it has been in his time at St James' Park.Newcastle United ‚Äď teamtalk.com 7 Oct 09:12
Arsenal and Manchester City are scouting Celtic defender Kieran Tierney, while the Gunners will also rival Man Utd for a Portuguese prodigy.
CITY AND ARSENAL TRACKING TIERNEY
Arsenal and Manchester City are keeping tabs on Celtic left-back Kieran Tierney.
That is according to The Sun, who say the Premier League giants have both been impressed by the teenager’s displays in Brendan Rodgers’ defence.
Pep Guardiola was able to watch Tierney close up when City drew 3-3 at Celtic, with The Sun quoting ‘an Etihad source’:
‚ÄúPep was impressed by Tierney‚Äôs non-stop running and refusal to hide on the night.
‚ÄúCity have built close links with Celtic in recent years with Patrick Roberts currently on loan there this season.
‚ÄúScouts have been watching him all season and last. The longer Celtic stay in the Champions League, the better.”
Both City and Arsenal are likely to be in the market for a new left-back before next season. At the Emirates, neither Nacho Monreal nor¬†Kieran Gibbs have impressed Arsene Wenger enough to make the position their own, while City are yet to offer Gael Clichy a new contract and Aleksandar Kolarov has been used mostly as a centre-half by Guardiola.
Tierney already has 50 Celtic appearances under his belt and one Scotland cap.
ARSENAL RIVAL UNITED FOR WINGER
Arsenal have also joined Manchester United in the race for Benfica prodigy Goncalo Guedes.
United were linked earlier in the week with a move for the winger but A Bola says the Red devils will have to fight off competition from Arsenal if they are to land the latest ‘new Cristiano Ronaldo’.
Scouts from United were said to have been watching Guedes last weekend when Benfica¬†beat Feirense 4-0.¬†Alex Grimaldo is also said to be the subject of interest from Old Trafford.
Guedes has two caps for Portugal and was has been nominated for the Golden Boy award.
AND THE REST
– Wayne Rooney is set to start for England against Malta on Saturday. (Daily Mirror)
– Manchester City are ready to hand Pep Guardiola another ¬£150m to turn them into the best team on the planet. (Daily Mirror)
– Arsenal right-back Hector Bellerin, rated at ¬£40m, is a player Pep Guardiola covets and he also remains keen on Juventus centre-back Leonardo Bonucci, who is valued at ¬£60m by his club. (Daily Mirror)
– Arsenal failed in a move for Gonzalo Higuain over the summer, Napoli chairman Aurelio De Laurentiis has confirmed. (Daily Star)
– Major League Soccer would welcome Bastian Schweinsteiger with open arms, according to MLS commissioner Don Garber. (Daily Star)
– Chelsea are in talks to sign Paris Saint-Germain star Thiago Silva. (Daily Star)
– England and Tottenham defender Kyle Walker claims England didn’t know what to do when things went wrong in matches at Euro 2016 under Roy Hodgson. (Daily Star)
– Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis has predicted that the club will make a collaborative decision with Arsene Wenger over whether he continues as manager beyond the end of next season. (The Telegraph)
– Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race for Benfica prodigy Goncalo Guedes. (The Sun)
– Leonardo Bonucci is a target for both Chelsea and Man City as they consider strengthening defensive options but any prospective move to England depends on the player’s family situation. (Daily Mail)
– A day after Memphis Depay admitted that sitting on the bench this season has left him feeling like ‘a loaded gun’, Fausto Pari said that Matteo Darmian is in danger of losing his place in the Italy side. (Daily Mail)
– Alex Iwobi is set for a second bumper pay rise this year. (Daily Mail)
– Fernandinho is poised to put pen-to-paper on a new bumper Manchester City contract. (Daily Mail)
– Michy Batshuayi is determined to fight for a starting spot at Chelsea despite reports linking him with a return to Marseille on loan despite his ¬£33m summer move. (The Guardian)
– Matteo Darmian could leave Manchester United in January, according to his agent. (Daily Express)
– Joey Barton has been undergoing a personal fitness camp in Qatar to help his bid to revive his career at Rangers following a club suspension. (Daily Record)
The post Paper Talk: Arsenal & City track Tierney; Gunners eye Guedes appeared first on teamtalk.com.ESPN FC - Newcastle United News 7 Oct 00:22
ESPN FC's Ian Darke delves into the England managerial vacancy and believes Glenn Hoddle may be in line to get the job. Will Wayne Rooney be selected in Southgate's first England XI? Don Hutchison and Alison Bender discuss who should play against Malta. Kyle Walker sat down with the press ahead of England's World Cup Qualifier, commenting on Nathaniel Clyne and Dele Alli. England and Tottenham defender Kyle Walker has expressed that working with Sam Allardyce was 'fantastic'. Alan Shearer says Gareth Southgate will bring energy and freshness to England, and can use the next four matches to win the job. As England search for a new manager, ESPN FC's Gab Marcotti explains why Ralf Rangnick may be in the mix. England winger Andros Townsend insists he had to quit Newcastle for the sake of his career. The 25-year-old has failed to cement his place in the national side after struggling to make a Premier League breakthrough before this year. England's World Cup qualifying trip to Slovenia on Tuesday marks the third anniversary of Townsend's debut -- where he scored in a 4-1 win over Montenegro -- but he has only earned another 10 caps since. Before that, Townsend will be hoping to play a part in the home...ESPN FC - Newcastle United News 6 Oct 12:04
Former Tottenham player Ray Clemence says Harry Kane's abscence is huge, but they have a squad who can make up for his loss. Tottenham Hotspur's Moussa Sissoko has admitted that his summer on the sidelines left him psychologically "drained" but says he has felt welcome since arriving at White Hart Lane. Sissoko, 27, asked to leave Newcastle United after the club's relegation to the Championship and did not feature in preseason nor their opening league games before joining Spurs for £30 million, minutes before the Aug. 31 transfer deadline. The France international, who starred at Euro 2016, has since started three...Newcastle United ‚Äď teamtalk.com 20 Sep 13:11
Joey Barton has admitted he once tried to hurt¬†Xabi Alonso after the Spaniard ‚Äústole his move to Liverpool‚ÄĚ.
Barton was sent off for a poorly-timed challenge on Alonso in a 3-0 Liverpool win over Newcastle in May 2009, late in the season that Newcastle were relegated under Alan Shearer’s watch.
In his new autobiography, ‚ÄėNo Nonsense‚Äô, the suspended Rangers midfielder has detailed how the tackle was partly down to jealousy, with Alonso having ‚Äústolen‚ÄĚ his move to Anfield five years prior.
‚ÄėHad things panned out differently, I could have made the obsessive debate about the mutual suitability of the Gerrard-Lampard axis redundant,‚Äô Barton writes. ‚ÄėFrom what I gathered, Steven Gerrard agitated to get Liverpool to sign me in 2004, because he felt we had the potential to forge a partnership.
‚ÄėI met with Gerard Houllier at Melwood, and agreed everything verbally.
‚ÄėA deal was close to being concluded but then he was sacked that summer. It was never revived.‚Äô
On the 2009 tackle in particular, Barton added:
‚ÄėXabi and I had history. He blamed me for knocking him out in what he thought was a deliberate clash of heads in one of our earliest contests, and I blamed him for stealing my move to Liverpool.
‚ÄėAll that remained to be agreed with City was the fee, when Rafa Benitez took over from Gerard Houllier. I was in Dubai when I was informed that he had instead decided to sign a kid from Real Sociedad who had just broken into the Spanish national team.
‚ÄėThat turned out to be ¬£10.7m well spent. Xabi is one hell of a player, whose passes have a great range and accuracy.
‚ÄėWhenever we played, I sought to get the game on my terms, which were relentlessly physical.
‚Äė(In 2009) Thirteen minutes remained. Liverpool were two up, cruising and playing keep ball. The Kop conducted an incessant, infuriating chant of ‚ÄėOle, ole, ole!‚Äô
‚ÄėXabi retained the ball near the corner flag fractionally longer than was prudent. That gave me the opportunity to fly in, and disguise my malicious intent as best as I could. Alonso milked the moment with a barrel roll. I expected a yellow and was shown a red.‚Äô
The post Barton sought revenge on Alonso for ‘stealing Liverpool move’ appeared first on teamtalk.com.Newcastle United ‚Äď teamtalk.com 20 Sep 09:06
Arsenal will be hoping to win at Nottingham Forest to continue a glorious trend, while there are a lot of first-time meetings in the third round of the EFL Cup.
Nottingham Forest ‚Äď Arsenal
Tuesday, 7:45pm, City Ground
- Nottingham Forest and Arsenal have met twice before in the League Cup. Both encounters were 2-0 Quarter-Final home victories for the Gunners, in 1987 and 1993 ‚Äď with Arsenal going on to win the trophy both times.¬†
- Arsenal have won their last three matches against Nottingham Forest, beating them in the Premier League in 1997, 1998 and 1999.¬†
- In fact, Forest have only won one of the last 13 meetings against Arsenal in all competitions (D4 L8).¬†
- Arsenal were eliminated when they last faced Championship opponents in the League Cup, losing 3-0 at Sheffield Wednesday last season.¬†
- Forest have lost their last nine League Cup games against Premier League opponents (as a lower ranked side), last beating Man City in December 1993.¬†
Queens Park Rangers ‚Äď Sunderland¬†
Wednesday, 7:45pm, Loftus Road
- This is the first League Cup meeting between the two sides.¬†¬†
- QPR have won their last three matches against Sunderland in all competitions, conceding just one goal in the process.¬†
- This will be QPR‚Äôs first appearance in the third round of the League Cup since the 2012-13 campaign, where they lost 3-2 at home to Reading.¬†¬†
- After reaching the final in 2014, Sunderland have fallen at this stage of the competition in each of the last two seasons.¬†
- The Black Cats have won each of their last five League Cup games against sides from a lower division, last losing to Middlesbrough in October 2012.¬†
West Ham United – Accrington Stanley
Wednesday, 7:45pm, London Stadium
- This is the first ever meeting between the two sides.¬†
- This is the first time Accrington Stanley have got to Round 3 of the League Cup in their history, having been eliminated in Round 2 four times.¬†¬†
- This match will be the first domestic cup match at the London Stadium.¬†¬†
- West Ham have won seven of their last nine League Cup ties against fourth-tier opponents (D1 L1). The loss was a 2-1 home defeat against Aldershot in 2011.¬†¬†
- Accrington‚Äôs win over Burnley in the last round was their first ever victory against top-flight opposition in all competitions.¬†
Southampton – Crystal Palace
Wednesday, 7:45pm, St Mary’s
- The last two League Cup meetings between Southampton and Crystal Palace have ended 2-0 to the Eagles (1992 and 2011).¬†¬†
- Southampton have won seven of their last 10 matches against Palace in all competitions (L3).¬†¬†
- Palace have conceded a combined total of eight goals in their last two League Cup matches against fellow Premier League opponents, losing both matches.¬†
- The Saints have kept just one clean sheet (2-0 v Portsmouth in 2003) in their last 19 League Cup matches against Premier League opponents.¬†
- Southampton have reached the fourth round of the League Cup in each of the last five seasons, making the quarter-finals in each of the last two.¬†
Swansea City – Manchester City
Wednesday, 7:45pm, Liberty Stadium
- These two sides have never previously met in the League Cup.¬†
- Manchester City have won seven of their last 10 League Cup matches against fellow Premier League opponents (D1 L2). The draw was against Liverpool in last season‚Äôs final, which City won on penalties.¬†
- City have won two of the last three League Cup competitions (2014 and 2016), while Swansea won the trophy in 2013.¬†
- Swansea have lost only one of their five meetings with fellow Premier League sides in the League Cup, 1-2 vs Liverpool in October 2014 (W3 D1).¬†
- Manchester City have lost just one of their last 12 matches against Swansea in all competitions (W9 D2).¬†
Fulham – Bristol City
Wednesday, 7:45pm, Craven Cottage
- The only League Cup meeting between these two sides came in 1970/71, where Bristol City eliminated Fulham at the Quarter-Final stage, 1-0 after a replay.¬†¬†
- Fulham have won six of their last eight League Cup matches at Craven Cottage (L2).¬†
- Fulham have won three of their last four matches against Bristol City in all competitions (L1).¬†
- Bristol City were eliminated by Southampton on the last two occasions they made it to Round 3 (2003-04 and 2013-14). They‚Äôve not reached Round 4 since 1988-89, when they were eliminated at the semi-final stage.¬†
- Tammy Abraham has scored both of Bristol City‚Äôs winning goals in the EFL Cup this season.¬†
Bournemouth – Preston North End
Tuesday, 7:45pm, Vitality Stadium
- Bournemouth and Preston met in Round 3 of the League Cup last season. The Cherries won 3-2 on penalties following a 2-2 draw at Deepdale.¬†¬†
- Of the 28 meetings between these two sides, all but two were in the third tier of English football.¬†
- Preston have lost 10 of their last 11 away League Cup games against top flight sides, with their only victory coming at Birmingham in November 2002 (2-0).¬†
- Indeed, that win over Birmingham was also the last time Preston reached the fourth round of the League Cup, eventually losing to Aston Villa.¬†
- Bournemouth have progressed from nine of their last 10 League Cup ties against lower ranked opponents, losing out only to Oxford on penalties in August 2012.¬†
Tottenham Hotspur ‚Äď Gillingham¬†
Wednesday, 8pm, White Hart Lane
- The only previous meeting between Tottenham and Gillingham was also a Round 3 League Cup match, in November 1982. Spurs won 4-2 at Priestfield.¬†¬†
- Tottenham have won four of their last five League Cup matches at White Hart Lane (L1).¬†
- Tottenham have been eliminated from just three of their last 12 Round 3 League Cup matches. Two of those defeats were against rivals Arsenal, in 2010 and 2015.¬†
- Gillingham last reached Round 3 in 2005, where they were eliminated following a 2-0 defeat at Doncaster Rovers.¬†
- The last time Tottenham were eliminated from the League Cup by a lower ranked side was in the 2005-06 campaign, where they lost 0-1 at Grimsby in the second round.¬†
Everton – Norwich City
Tuesday, 7:45pm, Goodison Park
- Everton and Norwich met in Round 4 of the League Cup last season. The Toffees progressed 4-3 on penalties after a 1-1 draw at Goodison Park.¬†
- Everton have won their last five League Cup matches against lower league opponents, scoring 15 goals in the process, an average of three goals per match.¬†
- Meanwhile, Norwich have lost their last five meetings against Premier League opponents (while playing in the Football League), most recently in August 2010, a 3-1 defeat to Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park.¬†
- Everton have lost just one of their last 15 matches against Norwich in all competitions (W7 D7).¬†
- Norwich haven‚Äôt beaten Everton at Goodison Park since September 1993, when the Canaries won 5-1.¬†
Derby County ‚Äď Liverpool
Tuesday, 7:45pm,¬†iPro Stadium
- The only previous League Cup meeting between these two sides was in October 1977 ‚Äď Liverpool won 2-0 at Anfield.¬†¬†
- Derby have lost 21 of their last 26 matches against Liverpool in all competitions (W3 D2).¬†
- Derby have failed to score in three of their last four home matches against Liverpool in all competitions.¬†
- Derby last beat Premier League opposition in the League Cup when they won the first leg of the 2009 semi-final against Manchester United at Pride Park.¬†¬†
- Liverpool have been eliminated from just one of their last 13 League Cup ties against lower league opposition, losing out on penalties against Northampton at Anfield in September 2010.¬†
Northampton Town – Manchester United¬†
Wednesday, 7:45pm, Sixfields
- Northampton have never beaten Manchester United (D1 L3).¬†
- These two sides met in the FA Cup in 1970 and 2004 with United winning 8-2 and 3-0, but they have never met in the League Cup.¬†¬†
- The last time Northampton were involved in a Round 3 League Cup match they beat Liverpool 4-2 on penalties after a 2-2 draw at Anfield in September 2010.¬†
- Manchester United have been eliminated from the League Cup by lower league opposition in each of the last two seasons (MK Dons and Middlesbrough).¬†
- Jose Mourinho has won seven of his eight League Cup matches against lower ranked opposition, drawing the other.¬†
Brighton & Hove Albion ‚Äď Reading ¬†
Tuesday, 7:45pm, AMEX Stadium
- Brighton and Reading played against each other four times in Round 1 of the 1974 League Cup. Reading eventually won 3-2 in the third replay.¬†
- Brighton have scored four goals in both of their League Cup matches so far this season.¬†
- Brighton and Reading have one win apiece in their last six meetings in all competitions; the other four matches have ended in draws.¬†¬†
- Reading have lost their last two League Cup matches against opponents in the same division.¬†
- Brighton reached Round 4 of the League Cup in 2014-15, losing out to Spurs. Prior to that, they hadn‚Äôt reached the fourth round since 1979-80.¬†
Newcastle United ‚Äď Wolverhampton Wanderers
Tuesday, 7:45pm, Sports Direct Arena
- These two sides have never met in the League Cup.¬†
- Newcastle haven‚Äôt beaten Wolves in a domestic cup match since the 1951 FA Cup semi-final replay, drawing two and losing three since then.¬†
- Wolves have been eliminated from each of their last nine League Cup games against sides from the same division as them.¬†
- Wolves have lost their last three League Cup games away from home, conceding 10 goals and failing to score themselves.¬†
- This will be Newcastle‚Äôs fourth consecutive home game in the competition, winning two and losing one of the previous three.¬†
Stoke City ‚Äď Hull City ¬†
Wednesday, 8pm, Bet365 Stadium
- These two sides have never met in the League Cup.¬†
- Stoke have lost just one of their last 12 matches against Hull in all competitions (W5 D6).¬†
- Stoke have won their last three home matches against Hull without conceding a goal.¬†
- Hull reached the quarter-finals in last season‚Äôs League Cup; their best ever run in the competition.¬†
- Meanhwhile, Stoke reached the semi-finals last season ‚Äď their best run since reaching the final in 1972.¬†
Leicester City ‚Äď Chelsea ¬†
Tuesday, 7:45pm, King Power Stadium
- These two sides last met in the League Cup in October 2007. Chelsea won 4-3 at Stamford Bridge en-route to the final.¬†
- Leicester and Chelsea also played out the 1965 League Cup final. Chelsea were again victorious, winning 3-2 over two legs.¬†¬†
- Leicester have scored exactly two goals in seven of their last nine home games against Chelsea in all competitions.¬†
- The Blues have only been eliminated in Round 3 once in the last 10 seasons (3-4 vs Newcastle in 2010-11).¬†
- The Foxes have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last eight home games in the League Cup.¬†
Leeds United – Blackburn Rovers
Tuesday, 7:45pm, Elland Road
- Leeds and Blackburn have met four times in the League Cup between 1962 and 2005, with two victories apiece.¬†¬†
- The two sides meet in the League Cup while in the same division for the first time since November 1995 when both were in the Premier League. Leeds won 2-1 en-route to reaching the final.¬†
- Only Brighton (8) have scored more goals in this edition of the EFL Cup than Blackburn (7).¬†
- Leeds have won six of their last seven League Cup matches at Elland Road. The other was a 5-1 Quarter-Final defeat to Chelsea in 2012.¬†
- Blackburn have kept a clean sheet in just one of their last 20 League Cup matches, a Round 3 1-0 win over Nottingham Forest in 2009.¬†
The post EFL Cup stats: Arsenal look to continue trend; pressure on Jose appeared first on teamtalk.com.Newcastle United ‚Äď teamtalk.com 12 Sep 16:55
TEAMtalk’s top three strikers would be Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Sergio Aguero and Sadio Mane in that order. How would your striker draft look?
We are four games into the Premier League season, but you can join our exciting¬†DRAFT FANTASY¬†game any time and sign up to a league with your friends.
We have all played the normal fantasy football games, usually end up all having David de Gea in goal, Kyle Walker in defence and Mesut Ozil bossing the midfield meaning you’re often all rooting for the same players.
Draft Fantasy Football is different in many ways.
First of all you play in a league with people you’ve personally invited or join a public league – and secondly each Premier League player can only be in one person’s team.
That means preparing your draft shortlist is absolutely vital, as you assemble a large bank of players you want in your 15-man squad, prioritise them in order of importance to you, then sit back and watch the draft unfold before your eyes.
You need to have two goalkeepers, five defenders, five midfielders and three strikers – but after that you can select a number of formations, and change this on a weekly basis.
The player selection draft is done on a random basis but each person gets a number of first picks and second picks, so watching who you land is a thrilling experience – made even better if you make a social event of it, set it to auto pick and see who makes your 15-man line-up with your chosen rivals.
Once your squad has been assembled, you can trade players with fellow league managers if you wish, and once you’re happy, you need to choose your starting XI and four substitutes.
Your players then earn performance-related points as the season rolls by, and you can chop and change your line-up ahead of every round of Premier League action.
We’ll be writing weekend preview pieces outlining players who have great records against certain teams – and doing a weekly Team of the Week feature praising the fantasy star players.
So get your league created, set a date for your draft before the start of the Premier League season, which kicks off on August 13, and assemble a team of winners.
The post How would your Premier League striker draft list look? appeared first on teamtalk.com.