Everton FC

Everton F.C. - Latest Team and Transfer News | Mail Online 28 Jul 12:22

Manchester City set to sign John Stones in £50m transfer from Everton

CHRIS WHEELER IN SHENZHEN: John Stones is set to move to Manchester City for a record £50million and terms could be finalised as soon as the end of the week.

Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Everton | BBC 28 Jul 07:51

How is your team performing in pre-season?

As Premier League teams clock up over 170,000 miles this pre-season, check how they are getting on with our full list.

Everton F.C. - Latest Team and Transfer News | Mail Online 28 Jul 01:18

Swansea City make last-ditch bid to sign Fernando Llorente from Sevilla

Swansea City have made a last-ditch bid to sign Fernando Llorente from Sevilla. The 31-year-old Spain international was on the cusp of agreeing a move to Real Sociedad on Wednesday.

ESPN FC - Everton News 27 Jul 21:11

Manchester City, Everton discussing possible John Stones deal - sources

ESPN FC's Gab Marcotti says Everton are holding out for Man City to meet their asking price for John Stones. Manchester City are in talks with Everton over a deal for John Stones, sources have told ESPN FC. As reported by ESPN FC earlier this month, Stones has informed Everton of his desire to move to Manchester City this summer with new boss Pep Guardiola making the England international one of his top targets this summer. Stones was involved in a transfer saga last summer with Chelsea seeing several offers for his services rejected as Everton managed to fend off the interest to keep hold of Stones. The...

Everton F.C. - Latest Team and Transfer News | Mail Online 27 Jul 18:55

Chelsea make improved £38m bid for Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly as Antonio Conte looks to strengthen

Kalidou Koulibaly is eager to leave Italy and move to the Premier League with Everton an alternative option. His agent has discussed a new contract with Napoli but was not impressed with the offer.

Everton – teamtalk.com 27 Jul 18:48

Manchester City open talks with Everton over Stones

Manchester City have opened talks with Everton over a deal for John Stones, according to the BBC.

With Vincent Kompany set to miss the start of the season through injury, Martin Demichelis having been released, and neither Nicolas Otamendi or Eliaquim Mangala managing to fully convince in the Premier League, City are in the market for a new centre-back.

Leonardo Bonucci – who featured in our top five defensive targets – had been mooted, but it now appears City manager Pep Guardiola has set his sights on England international Stones.

The 22-year-old is expected to cost around £50million and it is understood the two clubs are not far apart in their valuations.

Stones’ comfort on the ball and willingness to play out from the back – which has often attracted criticism – is likely to fit Guardiola’s philosophy.

“Normally central defenders are strong in the air and aggressive,” said Guardiola on Wednesday.

“But we need to have a good build-up to create easy passes in the midfield so they can create good passes for the strikers.

“I believe when the ball goes from the central defender to the striker as quickly as possible, it comes as quickly as possible back.

“That is why the players in that area need quality. By 31 August we will have the right squad to play how we want.”

Guardiola, meanwhile, has also suggested he could use midfielder Fernandinho in defence.

The post Manchester City open talks with Everton over Stones appeared first on teamtalk.com.

Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Everton | BBC 27 Jul 18:02

Man City approach Everton for Stones

Manchester City are in talks with Everton over the possible signing of England defender John Stones.

Everton F.C. - Latest Team and Transfer News | Mail Online 27 Jul 17:51

Manchester City edge closer to £50million deal for John Stones from Everton

CHRIS WHEELER IN SHENZHEN: Everton rejected a £40m bid from City earlier this month but are resigned to losing Stones who has told the club he wants to leave Goodison Park.

Everton F.C. - Latest Team and Transfer News | Mail Online 27 Jul 17:45

Marko Arnautovic signs new four-year deal with Stoke City

Marko Arnautovic has signed a new four-year deal with Stoke City, having been linked heavily with Everton recently. The Austrian signed the new contract with one year left on his previous deal.

Everton – teamtalk.com 27 Jul 16:16

Arnautovic commits to Stoke with new four-year deal

Marko Arnautovic has signed a new four-year deal with Stoke, ending speculation over a move to Everton.

The Austria international, the Potters’ top-scorer and players’ player of the year last season, had been linked with a move to Goodison Park.

The 27-year-old has been a big hit at the Bet365 Stadium since his arrival from Werder Bremen in 2013 and had one year left on his previous contract.

I am proud and thrilled to finally let you know that I am going to stay a Potter and will continue playing with my team and for my fantastic fans. I suppose some times it takes a bit longer to make the right decision and this one comes from my heart. My family and I could not be happier. Can’t wait for the season to begin! #SCFC #potters #pl #premierleague #teamarna #godblessus @stokecity 🔴⚪ï¸�💯ðŸ™�âš½ï¸�

A photo posted by Marko Arnautovic (@arnautovic_10) on

 

The post Arnautovic commits to Stoke with new four-year deal appeared first on teamtalk.com.

Everton – teamtalk.com 27 Jul 13:13

Man Utd and Liverpool missing from EFL Trophy draw

Manchester United and Liverpool were among a number of Premier League clubs who were missing from the EFL Trophy group-stage draw on Wednesday after rejecting invitations from the Football League to include their academy sides in the revamped competition.

Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham all opted against taking part, but the inclusion of Leicester and Chelsea will be considered a boost by the Football League.

It was announced in June that, in an attempt to refresh the competition formerly known as the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy, 16 ‘category one’ academy outfits would be invited to join the 48 sides from League One and League Two.

But a number of teams initially invited passed up the chance to be involved, with fixture clashes and the number of games already played by academy sides among the reasons believed to have been given for the rejections.

Recently-relegated Newcastle joined 15 Premier League sides in being invited but also declined the chance to be involved, with the Football League extending the invitation to other category one academies in order of where the first team finished in the league standings last season.

The five teams who decided not to enter therefore saw their offers given instead to Norwich, Aston Villa, Brighton, Derby and Wolves and, with Villa deciding against taking part, Reading were also welcomed.

The reformatted tournament will see 64 teams split into 16 groups of four, on a north/south regional basis, each containing an invited club and they will play each other once, with the invited club playing one game at home.

The draw, made to little fanfare on Twitter, saw Chelsea grouped with Swindon, Exeter, Oxford.

Leicester will face Sheffield United, Walsall and Football League newcomers Grimsby while Everton meet Bolton, Cheltenham and Blackpool.

One of Coventry, Wycombe or Northampton will get an early look at West Ham’s new Olympic Stadium home, or London Stadium as it will be known.

Swansea landed an all-Welsh tie with Newport as well as games against AFC Wimbledon and Plymouth while Southampton take on Charlton, Colchester and Crawley.

Stoke were grouped with Bradford, Morecambe and Bury, West Brom face Luton, Millwall and Gillingham and Middlesbrough will meet Scunthorpe, Cambridge and Shrewsbury.

Teams will earn three points for a win and a point for a draw, but if the scores are tied after 90 minutes an extra point will go to the winner of a penalty shoot-out.

The group stages will start in the last week of August, with the knock-out rounds beginning at the start of December and the final on April 2, 2017.

The top two from each group will then proceed to a regional knock-out round of 32, with the rounds of 16, eight and four being free draws.

These will all be single ties and will be settled by penalties after 90 minutes, although that may change for the semi-final and Wembley final.

Newcastle said they rejected the offer, having been told from the outset they would not be involved and having therefore made other plans.

“The club was initially informed by the Premier League that it was not going to be invited to compete in the restructured competition,” Newcastle said in a statement.

“Accordingly, the club started to make plans with regard to the development squad for the coming season. These plans included the intention to loan out some of the players who are currently part of the under-23 squad, rather than allowing them to compete in the Premier League 2.

“Changes to the loan system, which come into effect this season, mean all loans must now be completed on a window-to-window basis, with emergency and youth loans no longer permissible. These regulations are a contributory factor to the club’s decision.

“Though Newcastle United did subsequently receive an invite to compete in the EFL Trophy, the club feels their younger players would be better served by going out on loan and gaining experience over an extended period in a first-team environment.

“Although Newcastle United supports the principle of the competition’s new format, participating in the EFL Trophy is not something the club wishes to do this season.”

The post Man Utd and Liverpool missing from EFL Trophy draw appeared first on teamtalk.com.

ESPN FC - Everton News 27 Jul 11:36

Chelsea discover EFL Trophy draw as other major clubs snub competition

Stamford Bridge will welcome one of Swindon Town, Exeter City or Oxford United. Chelsea's academy team will take on Swindon Town, Exeter City and Oxford United in the group stage of the EFL Trophy. The revamp of the EFL Trophy has been beset by problems since the plan to invite 16 Premier League academies into the competition was announced earlier this year. Supporters of clubs in League One and League Two, whose first teams play in the competition with the final played at Wembley, are angry and believe the Football League are trying to get Premier League "B" teams into...

Everton – teamtalk.com 27 Jul 11:31

Everton close in on Aston Villa star Gueye

Everton have triggered Idrissa Gueye’s release clause at Aston Villa, according to widespread reports.

The Toffees have bid £7.1million for the Senegal midfielder as new boss Ronald Koeman aims to make his first major signing of the summer.

But Gueye is attracting attention from elsewhere, with a return to France possible, and Everton face competition with more bids expected.

Koeman has only signed goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg from Fulham for an undisclosed fee since moving from Southampton in June.

But former Leicester assistant manager Steve Walsh joined as director of football last week, which is now likely to signal the green light for Everton in the transfer market.

Stoke’s Marko Arnautovic is also reportedly a target as the Toffees try to improve following last season’s 11th-placed finish which cost ex-manager Roberto Martinez his job.

Gueye is one of the first they have moved for and Villa chief executive Keith Wyness insisted the relegated side want to keep him, even if the 26-year-old is likely to leave this summer.

He tweeted: “Re idrissa gueye (Gana), we do not welcome any interest in this player from any club #fightlikelions”.

Gueye joined Villa for around £9million from Lille last summer and made 38 appearances, scoring once, as Villa were relegated from the Premier League, winning just three games.

Boss Roberto Di Matteo is trying to trim his squad after they dropped out of the top flight for the first time since 1987, ahead of their Sky Bet Championship opener at Sheffield Wednesday on August 7.

Jordan Amavi and Jordan Veretout have also been linked with moves, while Brad Guzan is expected to join Middlesbrough.

The post Everton close in on Aston Villa star Gueye appeared first on teamtalk.com.

ESPN FC - Everton News 27 Jul 01:54

Gerard Deulofeu lifts Everton to win in friendly as Hull draw

Gerard Deulofeu looked in midseason form as Everton beat MK Dons. Gerard Deulofeu sparked Everton to a 3-1 win in a friendly at MK Dons on Tuesday. The winger rounded Dons keeper David Martin in the second minute and sent in a ball that defender Joe Walsh tapped in for an own goal. Deulofeu followed that up by sending in a cross for Barkley to double Everton's lead in the 19th minute. Giorgio Rasulo's sharp effort from 18 yards put Dons on the scoresheet, but Everton sub Muhamed Besic wrapped up the win with a deflected header late on. Hull City managed a 2-2...

ESPN FC - Everton News 27 Jul 00:52

Everton meet release clause for Aston Villa midfielder Idrissa Gueye - sources

Multiple clubs are expected to compete for Aston Villa's Idrissa Gueye. Everton have triggered Idrissa Gueye's release clause at Aston Villa, sources have told ESPN FC. The Toffees have bid £7.1 million for the Senegal midfielder as new boss Ronald Koeman aims to make his first major signing of the summer. But Gueye is attracting attention from elsewhere, with a return to France possible, and Everton face competition with more bids expected. Koeman has only signed goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg from Fulham for an undisclosed fee since moving from Southampton in...

Everton – teamtalk.com 26 Jul 15:57

Premier League chief ?open to idea of winter break?

Richard Scudamore has responded to Sam Allardyce’s call for a winter break by revealing his belief it has “more prospects than I can remember”.

He also said, however, that “something has to give” for one to be agreed, and that an agreement cannot be reached until the next Premier League broadcasting deal is discussed in late 2017 at the earliest.

On Monday – Allardyce’s first day as England manager – the 61-year-old said a mid-season break “would help the Premier League and us at international level if we could achieve that”.

FA chief executive Martin Glenn recognised that one could not be in place before the 2019-2020 season. Premier League executive chairman Scudamore has added the organisation remains “open-minded” to it, but that there remain numerous hurdles to overcome.

“There are more prospects for it than I can remember,” said the 56-year-old at the launch of Premier League 2, a competition that will succeed Under-21s football for the 24 teams involved.

“The Football League and the FA, Martin Glenn particularly, wants to see it happen,” added Scudamore.

“We are having discussions but it’s not easy due to the calendar of different competitions. If it can practically work we are up for listening to it. We are open-minded and keen if we can make it work. We have widened it out to the stakeholders with what is possible

“We all know what we have to do to create space and something has to give. It would have to be decided by (the) next TV market (agreement), which is sometime end of 2017, and start of 2018. “

The post Premier League chief ‘open to idea of winter break’ appeared first on teamtalk.com.

ESPN FC - Everton News 26 Jul 05:06

Everton new man Steve Walsh could be the transfer coup of the season

The ESPN FC crew discuss whether or not John Stones will live up to his potential in the upcoming season. Leicester City boss Claudio Ranieri can hardly wait for the upcoming season as his side prepare to defend their Premier League crown. Despite speculation of a transfer, Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri insists Riyad Mahrez is staying with the club. Leicester City captain Wes Morgan discusses the departure of N'Golo Kante and speculation surrounding others at the club. Perhaps it was the moment when sport's number crunchers became fashionable. It was dramatised on the silver screen, with a data geek portrayed by Brad Pitt and the actor Arliss Howard looking uncannily like John W Henry as he passed him a note, containing a number: $12.5 million, a record salary for a baseball general manager. On film, as in real life, Billy Beane spurned the offer, rejecting the Boston Red Sox to remain with baseball's Oakland A's. Fourteen years later, football's answer to Beane...

Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Everton | BBC 21 Jul 16:38

Everton appoint Leicester's Walsh

Everton appoint Leicester City joint assistant manager and head of recruitment Steve Walsh as their new director of football.

Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Everton | BBC 12 Jul 14:13

Everton name two stands after legends

Everton are to rename two of Goodison Park's stands in honour of club icons Howard Kendall and Sir Philip Carter.

Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Everton | BBC 8 Jul 15:26

Council to spend £4m on Everton complex

Liverpool City Council agrees to spend £4m on improvements to Everton's Finch Farm training ground.

Current Table



background image